The Emerson Quartet, a perennial FCM audience favorite, will disband in 2023. This will be their 18th and final performance on our Chamber Series and will feature masterpieces from the Romantic era including the Ravel String Quartet and George Walker’s Lyric.
“America’s string quartet” will bid farewell after 47 years. Read Ray Rinaldi’s Sept. 1 Denver Post article here.
Click here to view the complete program.
Note: This concert will be live-streamed; tickets are now available through the Newman Center Box Office.
Join us for our first pre-concert talk of the season, beginning at 4:30 PM in Gates Concert Hall. Gregory Walker (Denver Violinist and Professor, University of Colorado Denver) will be joined by a member of the quartet to talk about his father, composer George Walker, the first African American to win a Pulitzer Prize for Music.
Denver, CO 80208 United States
- Felix Mendelssohn: Quartet No. 1 in E-flat Major, Op. 12
- Antonín Dvorák: Quartet No. 14 in A-flat Major, Op. 105
- George Walker: Lyric for Strings
- Maurice Ravel: Quartet in F major
- Antonín Dvorák: Cypresses: VII. I Wander Often Past Yonder House (Encore)