What’s Past is Prologue
Friends of Chamber Music presents the Aizuri Quartet in an on demand virtual concert, available April 21 – May 2, 2021.
Praised by The Washington Post for “captivating” performances, the Aizuri Quartet was awarded the Grand Prize at the 2018 M-Prize Chamber Arts Competition and its debut recording was nominated for a Grammy Award the following year. The quartet’s program, “What’s Past is Prologue,” juxtaposes early music with new works, drawing their inspiration from the past.
Tickets are $15 per household.Buy Tickets
“Genuinely exciting” — The New York Times
Program Notes available here
FCM’s Alix Corboy had the opportunity to visit with members of the Aizuri Quartet, as well as Leanna Kirchoff, composition faculty at the Lamont School of Music. Listen to their discussion here.
Thank you to the following sponsors, making this event possible:
- Scientific and Cultural Facilities District
- Bonfils-Stanton Foundation
- Ann C. Levy Fund for Contemporary Music
- Raphael Levy Memorial Foundation
- Philip R. Levy
- Rachel C. Levy
- HIldegard von Bingen: Columba aspexit
- Barbara Strozzi: L'usignuolo
- Nina Young: Memento Mori
- Barbara Strozzi: L'amante modesto
- Gabriella Smith: Carrot Revolution
- Rhiannon Giddens: At the Purchaser's Option
- Eleanor Alberga: String Quartet