What’s Past is Prologue
Friends of Chamber Music presents the Aizuri Quartet in an on demand virtual recital, available April 21 – 28, 2021.
Praised by The Washington Post for “captivating” performances, the Aizuri Quartet was awarded the Grand Prize at the 2018 M-Prize Chamber Arts Competition and its debut recording was nominated for a Grammy Award the following year. The quartet’s program, “What’s Past is Prologue,” juxtaposes early music with new works, drawing their inspiration from the past.
Tickets are $15 per household. Ticket link coming soon.
“Genuinely exciting” — The New York Times
- HIldegard von Bingen: Columba aspexit
- Barbara Strozzi: L'usignuolo
- Nina Young: Memento Mori
- Barbara Strozzi: L'amante modesto
- Gabriella Smith: Carrot Revolution
- Rhiannon Giddens: At the Purchaser's Option
- Eleanor Alberga: String Quartet