Pierre-Laurent Aimard, piano
Our Beethoven celebration continues when French virtuoso Pierre-Laurent Aimard returns to FCM’s Piano Series. Hailed as a musical visionary and an artist renowned for his revelatory insights, he was awarded the prestigious 2017 International Ernst von Siemens Music Prize in recognition of a life devoted to the service of music.
Aimard is known as “. . .a brilliant musician and an extraordinary visionary” –The Wall Street Journal
- Olivier Messiaen: L'alouette-lulu from Catalogue d’oiseaux (Catalog of Birds)
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonata No. 14 in C-sharp Minor, Op. 27, no. 2 'Moonlight'
- Olivier Messiaen: La chouette hulotte from Catalogue d’oiseaux (Catalog of Birds)
- Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck: Fantasia d3 - a4: Echo, SwWV 260
- George Benjamin: Shadowlines
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Piano Sonata No. 28 in A major, Op. 101