Mark Padmore, tenor and Paul Lewis, piano
World-class English tenor, Mark Padmore, has been hailed for his “. . . luminous diction and sensitivity to word and phrase” (International Record Review). He will be joined by internationally-renowned pianist, Paul Lewis, in a program that includes the FCM premiere performance of Schumann's best known song cycle, Dichterliebe.
Click here for the complete concert program, including all texts and translations.
Click here to read "Two Masters Unite in a Meeting of Musical Minds," The New York Times (April 20, 2018)
Watch Mark Padmore and Paul Lewis perform at WQXR's Green Space in New York - "The New York Times has dubbed the duo a 'dream team,' and you can hear why for yourself during this intimate set of Robert Schumann and Johannes Brahms":
- Johannes Brahms: Es liebt sich so lieblich im Lenze, Op. 71, no. 1
- Johannes Brahms: Sommerabend Op. 85, no. 1
- Johannes Brahms: Mondenschein, Op. 85, no. 2
- Johannes Brahms: Es schauen die Blumen, Op 96, no. 3
- Johannes Brahms: Meerfahrt, Op. 96, no. 4
- Johannes Brahms: Der Tod, das ist die kühle Nacht, Op. 96, no. 1
- Gustav Mahler: Rückert-Lieder
- Robert Schumann: Dichterliebe