Garrick Ohlsson, piano
Garrick Ohlsson ranks among the towering figures on the American keyboard scene, with an unusually vast repertoire and playing that is unwaveringly strong and sure. Since becoming the first American to win the prestigious International Chopin Piano Competition in 1970, he has gone on to enjoy a brilliant international career.
Click here to review complete concert program.
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonata No. 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
- Aleksandr Scriabin: Etude, Op. 65, No. 1
- Aleksandr Scriabin: Etude in D-flat major, Op. 8, no. 10
- Aleksandr Scriabin: Prelude, Op. 59, no. 2
- Aleksandr Scriabin: Poeme in F-sharp major, Op. 32, no. 1
- Aleksandr Scriabin: Sonata No. 5, Op. 53 Poem of Ecstasy
- Franz Schubert: Sonata in B-flat major, D. 960
- Frederic Chopin: Waltz No. 7 in C-sharp minor, Op. 64, No. 2 (encore)